[Sca-cooks] Ebook browse

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 10:16:42 PDT 2011

I checked out the site, if you look at the terms of service you realize that it is a glorified search engine:

The information accessible to you using EbookBrowse.com Search Engine has many sources that has no connection/association with EbookBrowse.com and/or its licensors/affiliates.
EbookBrowse.com distributes information supplied by third parties and provides links and references gathered from outside sources of The Web. By using this service, you agree to assume all risk of loss due to the use, which may be obtained by using this web site.
EbookBrowse.com produce automated search results like Google and every search may return unexpected or unwanted references. These references may contain offensive, obscene, or illegal material. EbookBrowse.com just links to ( AND NOT IN ANY WAY PUBLISH!) content supplied by third parties or generally available on the Internet, Ebookbrowse.com has no more editorial control over such information than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any information, opinion, advice, statement, service, offer, or other materials or content are the property and responsibility of their respective author(s) or distributor(s) and NOT of EbookBrowse.com.

Here is what they say they are:
EbookBrowse.com is a free search engine that provides an option to search for and download various PDF&DOC documents, data sheets etc. We don't host any files. Our crawlers harvested a huge database PDF&DOC files through different open Internet resources such as blogs, forums, BBS and others. This database is regularly checked for file validity so now you can search within more than three million of live PDF&DOC files. Today we have 30000 000 document files in our search database and approximately 50 000 files are added daily.

Which doesn't mean that they won't sell your information to a 3rd party if you sign up for their service...

Frankly they have the original web addresses on there so I don't see a problem. At least not from my POV.

Helewyse

Johnnae wrote:
I've been doing some more looking at the website ebookbrowse.
http://www.ebookbrowse.com

They are selling or offering after registration 17 of my papers. I've
already been in contact with them, but haven't heard back.
Plus they are "selling" my edited Elizabethan cookbooks and book
reviews under my mundane name.

Other members of the list whose work is being "offered" include items
off medievalcookery.com, godecookery, the Florilegium, various
websites like the MKCC site, etc.