[Sca-cooks] wine for breakfast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 23:43:29 PDT 2011

Suey said:

<<< Catherine of Lancaster, wife of Henry III of Castile at the turn
of the

15th C died an alcoholic of wine. Wine was the breakfast beverage in

Castile at least. >>>

Can you give me more details on this last assertion, that wine was the
breakfast beverage in Castile in the 15th C.? We've talked about foods
for SCA breakfasts before as well as a bit on period breakfasts, when
they existed.

I tried to look through your blog and didn't see more info on this.
However, since blogs appear to be just serial with no indexes, I may
have overlooked it or not gone far enough back. I'm just now, this
holiday, finding time to get over to your blog with time to read
through it.

I'm probably biased, but I'm having trouble find what I'm looking for
in blogs or searching blogs for what I'm looking for. The same goes
for 'bookmarking' or saving the info I find in blogs.

For instance the Spanish cheese pies that you mention and point to in
Charles Perry's blog look like a wonderful party or revel item. But
unless I try to simply save the info by copying and pasting it into a
file on my system, I'm not sure of a good way to save the recipe for
my later use. I'm hoping that they can be baked ahead of time and then
warmed up just before leaving for the party or revel in the microwave
or oven.

I love having the photographs of the food items. Several items I would
probably have skipped over, but I was drawn to read them after seeing
the food item in a photograph.

Thanks,

    Stefan

--------