[Sca-cooks] vigil foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 22:55:05 PDT 2011

Margaret fitzWilliam of Kent said:
<<< For our actual vigil I'm not sure we had anything that was actually
medieval--chocolate chip cookies, fruit, lemonade, and cheesecake (the
Consort *really* wanted cheesecake) and cheese and crackers. Yes, I
know,
bad Laurels, no biscuit. ;-) >>>

Well, most of those are either medieval or have medieval equivalents.
Particular for Laurels, I might expect better. At least these days.

raw-fruit-vg-msg  (29K)  9/23/10  Evidence that raw fruits and
vegetables were
                                      eaten in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/raw-fruit-vg-msg.html

cheesecake-msg    (52K)  1/12/08  Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/cheesecake-msg.html

Orng-Lmn-drks-art (10K)  4/11/07  "Orange and Lemon Drinks of Summer"
                                      by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis, CE.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Orng-Lmn-drks-art.html

Stefan

--------