[Sca-cooks] The Nature of Freedom was ISO Hints for Teaching at Pennsic

Daniel And elizabeth phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:30:17 PDT 2011

Dear Lady:

Hmmmm.... perhaps you misunderstood the first part of what I wrote:

In the absence of guidance I do what I think reasonable and if someone doesn't like it they will response.  I do not live by the belief that many seem to have that "If it is not specifically allowed it is forbidden."

I do not advocate breaking rules.  But I do advocate the healthy understanding of what those rules are, the why of them and the choice to say I do not agree and to walk away.  I did Pennsic for many years, found the rules to my mind increasingly arbitrary and restrictive and it has been at least 15 years since I've returned.  Free will and free choice, others are free to chose otherwise.  While I have not been back to Estrella in recent years, or Gulf Wars since GWII I found them far more agreeable. That being said if you wish to continue this conversation perhaps we might take it off list?

Daniel