[Sca-cooks] Looking for "Celtic" foods, especially "finger foods"

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Mar 2 23:58:38 PST 2012

At Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:23:00 -0800 (PST), Raphaella DiContini wrote:

>I was thinking of small meat pies if I can find some Scottish, Irish, or Welsh sources. Perhaps something like oatcakes too,

My conjectural oat cake recipe (in the Miscellany, available on my site as a pdf) is based on Froissart's description of how Scottish troopers fed themselves on campaign.

I think that's the only recipe I have that is in any reasonable sense celtic.

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/