[Sca-cooks] Soupersizers Go...

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue Mar 6 08:13:29 PST 2012

I am a junkie.  I love it.  The food looks great, and apparently Ivan Day is listed as one of the contributors.  I like that that do not try to make the food look acceptable to "modern sensibilities".  If it's offal, it should look like offal.

The clothing makes my teeth itch sometimes, but other than that it fills my Saturday foodie watching, nestled between Two Fat Ladies and Bitchin' Kitchen.

I like him more than her, but they both looked MAHvelous in the Roaring 20s.  Dear heart sometimes interjects "sissies" from his study as the sound wafts into him. ;)

Cailte

Kathleen Roberts
Admissions Advisor
University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
"The hand that rocks the ladle rules the world."
Nadia G.

>>> "Christine Seelye-King" <kingstaste at att.net> 3/6/2012 8:38 AM >>>
I may have missed it, but has this show been discussed here?  I am loving
it, recording and watching the episodes whenever I can.  They get a bit
silly at times, but then so do we.  I think they show a wide range of
situations within each time period and talk to some pretty good experts
along the way.

I've seen Ancient Rome, Elizabethan, Victorian, and Edwardian.

Your thoughts?

Christianna