[Sca-cooks] Which wine for mallard recipe

Tre trekatz at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 22:51:51 PST 2012

Thank you.

The biggest difference I see glancing through this recipe compared to the first one I'd found is that the one roasted the meat partially and then stewed it to finish cooking. This one seems to do the majority of the cooking by roasting, then simmering in the sauce just a little at the end.

I tend to use chafing dishes in the kitchen at events to keep food warm until serving. Looking at this version of the recipe, I could probably roast the duck ahead of time, and simply reheat it in the sauce in the chafing dish, achieving much the same result. (I've done this with other saucy meats before). I'll keep that in mind as an option depending on how tight my kitchen space and schedule are.