[Sca-cooks] Venison . . .

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 8 15:17:53 PST 2012

Jared asked:
<<< I have acquired 5 lbs of venison "pieces" that I wanted to saute'
and
serve over wild and brown rice. My fiancee didn't like my original
plan for onions and mushrooms. I expect another 5 lbs. of tenderloin
next week (my local butcher is a hunter, and can't sell the venison,
even though he has it professionally butchered, so he gives it to
loyal customers -- it's one of the things I DO like about small-town
Kentucky).

Any ideas for seasoning and/or sides? >>>

In the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
venison-msg       (80K)  3/17/11  Medieval and modern recipes for
venison.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/venison-msg.html

Stefan
--------