[Sca-cooks] Venison . . .

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Mar 8 18:43:02 PST 2012

Oftentimes, simple is best ;-)

If you take that tenderloin and slice it into medallions or steaklets,
about half an ince thick, then gently saute it in bacon fat or lard,
with nothing more than a bit of salt and pepper.

As far as the other cuts of meat, venison/deer meat tends to be pretty
lean, so you'd tend to want to use wet cooking methods. And, if you
get ground meat and want to make a meat loaf, make it like you'd make
any meat loaf, but use mayonnaise to lubricate the loaf. That will
make it so people who :"hate" venison don't realize what it is. (I'm
making suggestions under the assumption that the butcher actually
knows what he's doing, and consequently handles the meat properly,
unlike many amateurs who treat the meat so poorly that is has acquired
the "gamy " reputation.)

If I were closer, I'd invite myself down for dinner ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2