[Sca-cooks] I'm Teaching at Pennsic 2012 !!!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 10:57:08 PST 2012

Christianna wrote:
> Very cool!

I'm kinda nervous, and kind of excited. This is only my 3rd Pennsic.

> Do you know where you'll be? Are you going to cook in a private
> camp, or in one of the A&S tents?

I will be in an A&S tent. I figure i'll have to start out around 7 AM and make at least two trips with my little cart, for the camp stoves, pots & other equipment, cooler, sacks of food, etc. Dragging all the stuff i need out there will be wearing - i've got a compressed disk, increasing arthritis, and at Pennsic my feet, ankles, hands, and a bursa in my right elbow swell up in the heat & humidity (whine, whine) Fortunately once i'm back in the cool Bay Area, the swollen bits all return to normal in a day or two. But i'm clearly a glutton for punishment :-)

I thought about doing it in the West Kingdom camp, which is quite capacious and conveniently located... for me, at least :-) But it's almost strictly fighter oriented, and when i broached the idea last year, i got the impression that a cooking class would not really be welcomed. So i decided to go with Pennsic U.

It is a great opportunity to share information that is not readily available elsewhere. And i'm all about sharing information.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita
and remember, there's TMI in "Urtatim"