[Sca-cooks] Roasts in Chain Mail

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Mar 22 14:04:00 PDT 2012

Scroll down here
http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs/product-junkie/

  to discover "the new Roast Jacket, exclusively supplied and distributed by
Bunzl Lockhart Catering Equipment...."
"It is made of high quality stainless steel and flexible chainmail and can
be applied before or after cooking.  It holds heat and retains natural
juices and flavour.  It rests roasts without losing heat and drying out and
is perfect for use in convection ovens and holding cupboards.  You can baste
the meat through the covering and it protects oven interiors from fat spit
and spray."
The blog calls it "It's certainly a conversation starter and brandable too.

My prediction - look out for these at the carvery."

Johnnae

(and no it's not April 1 yet)

If the holes are large enough to baste through I'm guessing it's not going
to do that much to stop 'fat spit and spray'.

Angharad