[Sca-cooks] bad meat? was rice cooked in yogurt?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 1 23:32:05 PST 2012

Earlier in this thread we were talking about how yogurt could be
stirred into rice, and I think the answer that yogurt can be thin is
the answer, but reading the recipe again, I was struck by the first
line:

<<< 39. /Labaniyya R//u-miyya/: Greek (or Byzantine) yogurt stew

  A pound of meat is parboiled to eliminate the stench, until it is
cooked halfway through; then the chopped leaves of chard are added and

What is with this "parboiled to eliminate the stench"?

We've had ongoing arguments about whether seasoning was used to cover
the taste of off-meat, but are we talking about parboiling this meat
to cover up the stench of off meat???

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com