[Sca-cooks] Queens Tea

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jan 30 06:06:51 PST 2013

I asked all those questions within an hour of the initial query because I think the chosen recipes
and menu depend largely upon the setting, circumstances, and budget. Is it for 12 people or 30?
$100 budget or $50? Transported over 100 miles or just down the street?

I can suggest all sorts of things and they could be highly inappropriate for this event which means my
suggesting them would just be a waste of time.

Is it to be a meal or a light repast? Cakes and ice tea or hot tea or is it something more akin to a modern cocktail
party where as someone else suggested "They cared as much about the booze as they do about the food. Have good
drinks and plenty of them."

For instance, for the Fourth Annual Tournament of the Rose held in early June 2002, I prepared
a selection of conceits and delights that included A Jelly of Strawberries, A Summer Dishe, A Cream; Sugar Cakes, Shortbreads, Wafers, Letter Cookies;  Spiced (Dutch Taai-Taai) Cookies; A Great Cake; Sugarpaste and Marchepane Roses; Candies of Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, Blood Orange Peel, Lemon Slices and Orange Segments, Blood Oranges Candied and Dried, Candied Citron, candy of lemon, candy made of oranges, tamarind candy and melon candy; Apples cut into sticks, Candied and Preserved;  Apricot Paste cut into Diamonds and Squares; Rose Preserves; Quince Jam; Marmalade; Sugar Candy Crystals and Comfits; Dried Fruits of Apricots, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Raisins, Figs, and Almonds; and lastly Fresh Fruits of Strawberries, Cherries, Grapes, and Watermelon.
http://www.mkcc.rhawn.com/MKCCfiles/RoseTournament2002Desserts.html

Is this what she wants?

Johnnae