[Spit-project] Spit height and stuff

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jun 13 19:04:20 PDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I did learn is that my spit crossbar is a little low
> for spinning chickens. The string was only about six inches
> so it required nearly constant turning.
>
> So that is one point for a higher spit.

May I suggest a higher spit and some trammel hooks? Trammel hooks are
essentially adjustable S-hooks. Easy to make- shall I teach you?

;-)

> Anyone have any questions on the class? What was learned?
> Good, bad, indifferent?

I'm still digesting the information.

> Anyone have any projects going on?

Well, I'm building my two camping/smithing shelters. Am redyeing the
curtains and reshaping them, designing a lid for my 8' X 16' garage
shelter ( and getting ready to cut and dye the material) and putting
tung oil on poles and my chairs- generally working in smithing, but
not with steel or iron, damn it.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

Blessed be the self-righteous, for they shall inherit themselves.