[Sca-cooks] Roman Ketchup Revised

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 23:31:58 PDT 2010

 Myapologies, here is a better version-I hope- of the article/abstract.
http://www.sagnlandet.dk/GARUM-THE-KETCHUP-FOR-THE-ROMANS.1041.0.html
It is Garum aka Ketchup. Which from the abstract sounds like a fish sauce.

My question then is how did the terminology or word "ketchup" become used for
the tomato version? It sounds like it started off as a fish sauce of sorts.

Aelina

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.