[Sca-cooks] Fish Empanadas

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Apr 6 12:26:37 PDT 2011

>I'll probably use Markham's wafer batter or something like it
>http://www.medievalcookery.com/recipes/wafers.html but perhaps with
>less sugar since I'm going for a savory little pie.
>
>Have any of you done anything along these lines? It just seems to me
>that the results should be cute and tasty. I've made these empanadas
>before as filling for bread rolls, but fish shaped fish pies appeal
>to my sense of whimsey :-)

I have a taiyaki mold, but haven't used it for awhile. My kids loved
the plain ones, but I never had luck filling them.  There is a knack
to keeping the filling centered, I think you need a filling that
holds together pretty well.

I think you could also use a normal empanada dough and cook them in
the taiyaki pan.

Ranvaig