[Sca-cooks] Adjusting your Feast budget for Comps

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:59:42 PDT 2011

Today I received a partial list of people who will be comped for Coronation
in May. Only the in Kingdom people so far, no visiting royalty is included.
It amounts to $375 of my feast budget of $750.  I will absolutely confess it
is taking a forklift to lift my jaw off the ground.  Coming from a small
shire who has done Kingdom events before, and never comped this many people
before....I am at somewhat of a loss.  Has anyone else here had to deal with
this deep of a cut?  How did you manage it?  I have already published a
menu, and started buying supplies.

For background, the past two sets of Crown and Coronation have been
"centralized" by a royal decree.  So they are taking place in two baronies,
but other individuals/groups are actually "doing" them.  Kingdom is
financing. This will probably change at this Coronation, going back to a bid
system.

Aldyth The more than slightly peeved