[Sca-cooks] Cameline and Green Sauces now at Dar Anahita

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 13:04:12 PDT 2011

For the Concordance of English Recipes Thirteenth Through Fifteenth
Centuries
(by Hieatt, Nutter and Holloway, 2006)
we identified an additional 5 English recipes for Cameline Sauce and
an additional 3 English recipes  for Green Sauce.
In addition, Hieatt identified one more Cameline recipe for her 2008
volume A Gathering of Medieval English Recipes.
A Gathering also lists another 3 recipes for Green Sauce.

So there are more pre 1500 English recipes out there. I would guess
that there would be some 16th century recipes also.

Johnnae