[Sca-cooks] [Bulk] Re: I'm Teaching at Pennsic 2012 !!!

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 00:19:55 PST 2012

> On the day you get there go to Handicap Services and register with them.
> You can then make a reservation for someone to show up at your camp
> with a golf cart the morning of your class and carry you and your gear
> up to the class area.

Unfortunately, this is no longer something that we can afford to do. There
will be carts travelling the bus routes (Pennsic's version of a city's
"Handicap assistance buses") but pick -ups and drop-offs at individual camp
won't be happening. It wasn't supposed to be happening last year but things
got confused. We won't even be picking up/dropping off people who need to
get their batteries up to the charging station unless they are waiting on
the bus route. The carts is ONLY* be travelling the bus route.

I know this because I'm this year's Mobility Assistance coordinator.

The best advice I could give is to see if there is someone who is brawny and
would like to be your experimental food taster, who'd be willing to pull a
wheeled cart to the bus route area or to the University classroom for you
and back again. Heck - *I* have a cart I would be happy to bring to you to
use - I can schedule my own store runs around your schedule! (For you to be
teaching, I'd give up my strong cart, yes I would.)

Hrothny
*capitalized merely because others might skim over what I just wrote and I'd
really like for it to not be a surprise to anyone at Pennsic-tide.