[Sca-cooks] OOP mystery ingredient question

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:44:25 PDT 2012

IMO - this is just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was pretty
close - they would be gummies (search for "jujube"). But not the black ones
because they're licorice flavored, and not fruit flavored...

I'm also 100% certain it's not at all related to your maple syrup idea -
they're not candy per say, just syrup cooked until it forms threads in the
snow, so it holds itself together enough that you can wrap it around a
popsicle stick and eat it as a big blob. Certainly not something you could
measure or use in a recipe. You need to cook the syrup a little longer if
you want maple sugar.